Our policies and practices
This statement explains our policies and practices regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information by GN Hearing UK Ltd. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by GN Hearing UK Ltd as explained below.
GN Hearing UK is considered the data controller under personal data regulation. The contact information of GN Hearing UK is:
GN Hearing UK Ltd
Talisman Business Centre
Data Protection Officer
Personal data we collect about you
When using the term “personal data” in this policy, we mean information that relates to you and allows us to identify you, either directly or in combination with other information that we possess. Your personal data may include for example your name, your contact details, information relating to purchases or information on how you use our websites and apps or how you interact with us.
We collect personal data from you for example when you use our website, the information you enter via forms or information you provide via oral communication.
Data collected from our online patient survey form is stored on our Google drive. This Google product is part of the Google Workspace, stored on the Google Cloud and as such are subject to Google's high security standards and GDPR compliance.
GN Hearing UK Ltd will only use personal information for the specific purpose it was submitted. Data will not be shared with third parties unless stated herein. You will only receive e-mails or mailings from us if you have requested such communication from us.
Purposes and legal basis for processing of personal data
GN Hearing limits its collection, storing and processing of personal data to situations where a specific purpose exists. With reference to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have listed the most relevant purposes and some of our activities associated with the purposes.
We collect and process your personal data such as name, company, email address in order to send you information on email on upcoming events, news, products, services from GN Hearing UK.
We send information on upcoming events, news, products, services from GN Hearing UK on the basis of article 6.1.a (consent) of the GDPR.
We process your name and email on the basis of article 6.1.f of the GDPR (Necessary for the pursuit of legitimate purposes of GN Hearing UK).
Collection of personal data
We only collect your personal data when you use our website.
Recipients of personal data
GN Hearing UK will generally limit sharing your personal data and always only to the extent necessary.
Transfer to countries outside the EU/EEA
To the extent possible, GN Hearing UK will refrain from sending personally data to countries outside the EU/EEA. However, in some cases it might be necessary. We may transfer personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA. Such transfers will only take place for the specific purposes mentioned above, and we will always ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for such transfer through the use of "Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries", as published by the Commission of the European Union, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities.
This website may provide links to other third-party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with GN Hearing UK Ltd through a business partnership or otherwise, GN Hearing UK Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices, or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk.
Your personal information will be stored for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes described above and comply with minimum retention periods under applicable law.
Withdrawal of consent
We hereby inform you, that when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that this does not affect GN Hearing's processing of your personal data prior to withdrawal of your consent. You may withdraw your consent by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out and unsubscribe
We provide users the opportunity to opt out of receiving any further communications from GN Hearing UK when they receive distributions via e-mail. At the end of each email message, instructions on how to unsubscribe and be removed from the mailing list database are included. GN Hearing also gives users the option of contacting GN Hearing UK at any time to remove their information from our database or to stop receiving future electronic distributions.
As the data subject we would like to inform that GN Hearing has taken all necessary and adequate steps in order to protect your personal data and ensure your rights. Please note, that there may be more conditions or limitations to these rights than stated below.
- You have the right to request access to any personal data which we have processed about you and additional information in relation to the processing.
- You have the right to get inaccurate personal data that we have stored about you rectified. That includes completion of incomplete personal data.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to erasure, which means that upon your request, we will erase stored personal data about you.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object at any time to our processing of personal data about you. In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Under certain circumstances you have the right to restrict our processing of personal data about you.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to have your personal data transferred to another data controller.
Exercising your rights
GN Hearing UK protects the personal information you make available to us.
It is GN Hearing UK's wish to make you feel confident and informed when using our websites and apps. GN Hearing UK is very committed to protecting GN Hearing UK, our business partners and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information in our possession.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to your personal information to GN Hearing UK employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Filing of complaint
If you wish to file a complaint regarding GN Hearing UK’s processing of your personal data, please contact our DPO, cf. contact details above.
Please note that you are also entitled to contact the Danish Data Protection Agency in case of complaints that we are not able to resolve.
Danish Data Protection Agency (Datatilsynet)
Borgergade 28, 5
DK-1300 Copenhagen K